Cyber Security News
- Russian Government Seeking Technology to Break Tor Anonymity (July 25 & 28, 2014)
- Court Fines Phony Antivirus Purveyors US $5.1 Million (July 28, 2014)
- Dept. of Commerce IG Report Finds "Significant" Security Issues at NOAA (July 28, 2014)
- Attackers Exploiting Flaws in Elasticsearch to Use Amazon's Cloud Service for DDoS Attacks (July 28, 2014)
- Siemens Releases Updates to Fix Flaws in Two SIMATIC Builds (July 25, 2014)
Welcome To URI's Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
The University of Rhode Island Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center (DFCSC) supports state, national, and international public welfare through education, research, training, and service in forensic investigations and securing information systems. The URI DFCSC is a recognized national leader in providing a strong, cutting-edge, comprehensive program in both fields.
In the fields of Digital Forensics and Cyber Security we provide:
- Education and Training: We teach courses in basics and advanced topics of digital forensics and cyber security. We offer undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, and professional certifications in Digital Forensics. Read more.
- Research: We perform research to develop new tools and techniques for digital forensics and cyber security investigations. Read more.
- Service: We have a state-of-the art lab where we perform digital forensics services for the legal community and support law enforcement agencies in their investigations. We also provide consulting support to Emergency Management and Law Enforcement agencies in providing cyber security protection to the public. Read more.
Academic Excellence in Research and Education
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security (NSA/DHS) have selected the University of Rhode Island as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and in Information Assurance Research. Read More
Digital Forensics News
- Way for Phones to be Contolled is Built In
- PC Gaming Vulnerable against Online Threats
- Inside Citizen Lab, the 'Hacker Hothouse'
- Checking In from Home Leaves Entry for Hackers
- Squirrelling Away Plists
- Chinese Hackers Use APTs to Target Gaming Companies
- Threat Information System Warns of Impending Cyber Attacks
- Feds Admit Cooperation Remains Obstacle with Corporations, Cyber Threats
- Find the Context
- Book Review: 'The Art of Memory Forensics'