Cyber Security News
- 200 Hospitals Hit Affecting 4.5 Million Patients (August 18, 2014)
- Australian Legislation Would Give Intelligence Agency Broad Access to Computers (August 18 & 19, 2014)
- US Nuclear Regulatory Commission Computers Infiltrated (August 18, 2014)
- Chinese Man Indicted in Military Aircraft Data Theft Scheme (August 18, 2014)
- Delaware Passes Legislation Grants Heirs Access to Digital Assets (August 18, 2014)
Welcome To URI's Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
The University of Rhode Island Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center (DFCSC) supports state, national, and international public welfare through education, research, training, and service in forensic investigations and securing information systems. The URI DFCSC is a recognized national leader in providing a strong, cutting-edge, comprehensive program in both fields.
In the fields of Digital Forensics and Cyber Security we provide:
- Education and Training: We teach courses in basics and advanced topics of digital forensics and cyber security. We offer undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, and professional certifications in Digital Forensics. Read more.
- Research: We perform research to develop new tools and techniques for digital forensics and cyber security investigations. Read more.
- Service: We have a state-of-the art lab where we perform digital forensics services for the legal community and support law enforcement agencies in their investigations. We also provide consulting support to Emergency Management and Law Enforcement agencies in providing cyber security protection to the public. Read more.
Academic Excellence in Research and Education
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security (NSA/DHS) have selected the University of Rhode Island as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and in Information Assurance Research. Read More
Digital Forensics News
- Stealing Encryption Keys through the Power of Touch
- Know Your Advanced Persistent Threats' Unknowns
- Europe Bombarded with Cyber Attacks from Russia
- Digital Clues Leading the Hunt for ISIS Killer
- Hacker or Military? Best of Both in Cyber Security
- What does that 'look like'?
- Data Search Character Classes
- Heartbleed Not Only Reason for Health Systems Breach
- Researchers Develop Framework to Facilitate New Android Security Modules
- SSL Vulnerabilities Found in Most Popular Android Apps