Cyber Security News
- FBI Accuses North Korea of Sony Pictures Attack (December 19, 2014)
- US Points Finger at North Korea in Sony Pictures Attack (December 17, 2014)
- Breach Attribution is No Easy Task (December 17 & 18, 2014)
- Sony Hack Code Not Sophisticated (December 17, 2014)
- US Government Personnel Data May Have Been Compromised in Breach (December 18, 2014)
Welcome To URI's Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
The University of Rhode Island Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center (DFCSC) supports state, national, and international public welfare through education, research, training, and service in forensic investigations and securing information systems. The URI DFCSC is a recognized national leader in providing a strong, cutting-edge, comprehensive program in both fields.
In the fields of Digital Forensics and Cyber Security we provide:
- Education and Training: We teach courses in basics and advanced topics of digital forensics and cyber security. We offer undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, and professional certifications in Digital Forensics. Read more.
- Research: We perform research to develop new tools and techniques for digital forensics and cyber security investigations. Read more.
- Service: We have a state-of-the art lab where we perform digital forensics services for the legal community and support law enforcement agencies in their investigations. We also provide consulting support to Emergency Management and Law Enforcement agencies in providing cyber security protection to the public. Read more.
Academic Excellence in Research and Education
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security (NSA/DHS) have selected the University of Rhode Island as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and in Information Assurance Research. Read More
Digital Forensics News
- Gingrich Declares First US Cyberwar Lost
- US Must Defend Against Hackers
- Good Hackers Don't Leave Evidence
- Darker DarkNet Emerging Since FBI Takedowns
- Cyber Crime Scene Procedures
- Running Malware Analysis Apps as Docker Containers
- Coolpad Android Devices Have Built in Backdoor
- Spearfishing Attack Hooks ICANN
- Cyberattack on Syria Suggests Work of Islamic State Group
- SMU Cyber Warrior Recognized