- On May 2nd, the DFCSC participated in and presented material at URI's 2013 Cybersecurity Symposium.
- On May 13th, URI was named as an NSA/DHS Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Research.
- Checkout the DFCSC Cyber Security program featured on URI's homepage!
Welcome To URI's Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
The University of Rhode Island Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center (DFCSC) supports state, national, and international public welfare through education, research, training, and service in forensic investigations and securing information systems. The URI DFCSC is a recognized national leader in providing a strong, cutting-edge, comprehensive program in both fields.
In the fields of Digital Forensics and Cyber Security we provide:
- Education and Training: We teach courses in basics and advanced topics of digital forensics and cyber security. We offer undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, and professional certifications in Digital Forensics. Read more.
- Research: We perform research to develop new tools and techniques for digital forensics and cyber security investigations. Read more.
- Service: We have a state-of-the art lab where we perform digital forensics services for the legal community and support law enforcement agencies in their investigations. We also provide consulting support to Emergency Management and Law Enforcement agencies in providing cyber security protection to the public. Read more.
Academic Excellence in Research and Education
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security (NSA/DHS) have selected the University of Rhode Island as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and in Information Assurance Research. Read More
Digital Forensics News
- NYPD Detective Spies on Fellow Officers
- Fight against Cyber Crime is On the Right Track
- Cyber Espionage Campaign 'Operation Hangover' Originates in India
- Farewell to a Good CEIC Friend
- Unleashing auto_rip
Cyber Security News
- SANSFIRE 2011
- US Electric Grid Under Continuous Attack (May 22, 2013)
- Commission Recommends Stronger Action be Taken to Protect Intellectual Property (May 23, 2013)
- North Carolina Company Loses US $800,000 to ACH Fraud (May 23, 2013)
- ICS-CERT Warns of Hard-Coded User Accounts in TURCK Programmable Gateways (May 23, 2013)