Cyber Security News
- US Power Grid Would Not Succumb to Cyber Attack Alone (September 10, 2014)
- Patched IE Flaw Was Used in Attack on US Military Website (September 11, 2014)
- Comcast is Not Disconnecting Tor Users (September 15, 2014)
- Appeals Court Says NCIS Scan of Civilian Computers Went Too Far (September 15, 2014)
- Air Force Seeking Improved Network Mapping and Analysis Technology (September 15, 2014)
Welcome To URI's Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
The University of Rhode Island Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center (DFCSC) supports state, national, and international public welfare through education, research, training, and service in forensic investigations and securing information systems. The URI DFCSC is a recognized national leader in providing a strong, cutting-edge, comprehensive program in both fields.
In the fields of Digital Forensics and Cyber Security we provide:
- Education and Training: We teach courses in basics and advanced topics of digital forensics and cyber security. We offer undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, and professional certifications in Digital Forensics. Read more.
- Research: We perform research to develop new tools and techniques for digital forensics and cyber security investigations. Read more.
- Service: We have a state-of-the art lab where we perform digital forensics services for the legal community and support law enforcement agencies in their investigations. We also provide consulting support to Emergency Management and Law Enforcement agencies in providing cyber security protection to the public. Read more.
Academic Excellence in Research and Education
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security (NSA/DHS) have selected the University of Rhode Island as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and in Information Assurance Research. Read More
Digital Forensics News
- Citadel Financial Trojan Turns Corporate Spy
- Forty-Three Accused of Running Cybersex Ring in Philippines
- The Great Dark Net Debate
- Rise of the 'Evolution' Drug Market
- Breach at Goodwill Vendor Lasted 18 Months
- China Hacked Military Contractor Networks Says Senate
- New Google Transparency Report Details Hike in Government User Data Requests
- Gamers Use Police Hoax to Lash Out at Opponents
- NSA Monitoring Tech-savvy Islamic State
- Court Reprimands US Navy for Scanning Civilian Computers for Child Porn