- Oct 2013: DFCSC Staff Mentors Rhode Island High School Cyber Patriot Team.
- Oct 2013: DFCSC Director Speaks at CCRI Security Awareness Day.
- Oct 2013: DFCSC Launches Open Cyber Challenge Platform Web Portal.
- Nov 2013: DFCSC Hosts Congressman James Langevin.
Welcome To URI's Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
The University of Rhode Island Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center (DFCSC) supports state, national, and international public welfare through education, research, training, and service in forensic investigations and securing information systems. The URI DFCSC is a recognized national leader in providing a strong, cutting-edge, comprehensive program in both fields.
In the fields of Digital Forensics and Cyber Security we provide:
- Education and Training: We teach courses in basics and advanced topics of digital forensics and cyber security. We offer undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, and professional certifications in Digital Forensics. Read more.
- Research: We perform research to develop new tools and techniques for digital forensics and cyber security investigations. Read more.
- Service: We have a state-of-the art lab where we perform digital forensics services for the legal community and support law enforcement agencies in their investigations. We also provide consulting support to Emergency Management and Law Enforcement agencies in providing cyber security protection to the public. Read more.
Academic Excellence in Research and Education
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security (NSA/DHS) have selected the University of Rhode Island as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and in Information Assurance Research. Read More
Digital Forensics News
- Who is Paunch?
- Northrop Grumman Cyber Team Takes First Place again in Global DC3 Forensics Competition
- Chinese Hackers Spied on Europeans before G20 Meeting
- Malware Kingpin was behind Large Chunk of World's Exploits
- Python Parser to Recover Deleted SQLite Database Data
Cyber Security News
- Guilty Verdict in RICO Cybercrime Case (December 9, 2013)
- FBI Custom Suspect Tracking Malware Raises Fourth Amendment Concerns (December 6, 2013)
- Google Revokes Certificates Spoofed By French Certificate Authority (December 9, 2013)
- London Police Pilot Anti-Piracy Program (December 9, 2013)
- Leading Internet Companies Call For Government Surveillance Reform (December 9, 2013)