Cyber Security News
- No Repercussions for Failing to Comply with FedRAMP Standards? (October 15, 2014)
- Staples Breach (October 20, 2014)
- Eight Industries Now Receiving Classified Cyber Threat Information (October 20, 2014)
- China Using Phony Apple Certificate to Snoop on iCloud (October 20, 2014)
- Apple's New OS X Yosemite Sends Search Data and Location back to Company Servers (October 20, 2014)
Welcome To URI's Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
The University of Rhode Island Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center (DFCSC) supports state, national, and international public welfare through education, research, training, and service in forensic investigations and securing information systems. The URI DFCSC is a recognized national leader in providing a strong, cutting-edge, comprehensive program in both fields.
In the fields of Digital Forensics and Cyber Security we provide:
- Education and Training: We teach courses in basics and advanced topics of digital forensics and cyber security. We offer undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, and professional certifications in Digital Forensics. Read more.
- Research: We perform research to develop new tools and techniques for digital forensics and cyber security investigations. Read more.
- Service: We have a state-of-the art lab where we perform digital forensics services for the legal community and support law enforcement agencies in their investigations. We also provide consulting support to Emergency Management and Law Enforcement agencies in providing cyber security protection to the public. Read more.
Academic Excellence in Research and Education
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security (NSA/DHS) have selected the University of Rhode Island as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and in Information Assurance Research. Read More
Digital Forensics News
- Timeline Analysis by Categories
- Android Images Can Conceal Code
- Justice Department Expands Fight Against Cybercrime
- Canada to Deport Alleged Anonymous Hacker
- Can You Ask the Court to Order a Party to Follow the Duty to Preserve?
- Cost of Cybercrime on the Rise
- Chinese Government Hacking iPhones?!?
- 500 Million Financial Records Hacked over 12 Months
- NetClean Helps UK Home Office Fight Child Abuse
- Investigator Turns Eyewitness