Cyber Security News
- Regin Malware: Stealth "Cyber Pearl Harbor" (November 23 & 24, 2014)
- Untangling Breach Loss Liability (November 21 & 23, 2014)
- FBI Wants to Change the Way it Assigns Cyber Crime Cases to Agents (November 20, 2014)
- Sony Pictures Security Breach (November 25, 2014)
- Docker Update Addresses Critical Flaw (November 25, 2014)
Welcome To URI's Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
The University of Rhode Island Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center (DFCSC) supports state, national, and international public welfare through education, research, training, and service in forensic investigations and securing information systems. The URI DFCSC is a recognized national leader in providing a strong, cutting-edge, comprehensive program in both fields.
In the fields of Digital Forensics and Cyber Security we provide:
- Education and Training: We teach courses in basics and advanced topics of digital forensics and cyber security. We offer undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, and professional certifications in Digital Forensics. Read more.
- Research: We perform research to develop new tools and techniques for digital forensics and cyber security investigations. Read more.
- Service: We have a state-of-the art lab where we perform digital forensics services for the legal community and support law enforcement agencies in their investigations. We also provide consulting support to Emergency Management and Law Enforcement agencies in providing cyber security protection to the public. Read more.
Academic Excellence in Research and Education
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security (NSA/DHS) have selected the University of Rhode Island as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and in Information Assurance Research. Read More
Digital Forensics News
- Internet Evidence Finder v6.5
- UAlbany to Host Data Breach Research Laboratory
- Why it Took Years to Discover Regin
- Hacking Down for the Holidays
- Ethical Decision Making
- Cell Phone Tracking via Call Detail Records
- The Importance of Forensic Analysis Training
- Cybersecurity Myths
- Project Targets Automotive Vulnerabilities
- Hackers Blackmail Sony Pictures