Cyber Security News
- Target CIO Leaves Job in Wake of Breach (March 5 & 6, 2014)
- Ukraine/Russia Conflict Has Cyber Component (March 4, 5, & 6, 2014)
- Smucker's Acknowledges Data Security Breach (March 4, 2014)
- Fake Netflix App Found Pre-Installed on Some New Android Devices (March 5, 2014)
- Microsoft's March Security Update to Include Fix for Actively Exploited Flaw in IE (March 6, 2014)
Welcome To URI's Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
The University of Rhode Island Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center (DFCSC) supports state, national, and international public welfare through education, research, training, and service in forensic investigations and securing information systems. The URI DFCSC is a recognized national leader in providing a strong, cutting-edge, comprehensive program in both fields.
In the fields of Digital Forensics and Cyber Security we provide:
- Education and Training: We teach courses in basics and advanced topics of digital forensics and cyber security. We offer undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, and professional certifications in Digital Forensics. Read more.
- Research: We perform research to develop new tools and techniques for digital forensics and cyber security investigations. Read more.
- Service: We have a state-of-the art lab where we perform digital forensics services for the legal community and support law enforcement agencies in their investigations. We also provide consulting support to Emergency Management and Law Enforcement agencies in providing cyber security protection to the public. Read more.
Academic Excellence in Research and Education
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security (NSA/DHS) have selected the University of Rhode Island as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and in Information Assurance Research. Read More
Digital Forensics News
- Police Investigate Possible Selfie on Stolen iPad
- Cybercrime-as-a-service Sold in the Dark Web
- Hackers Claim Mt Gox CEO Fraud
- Cloud-based Forensics
- Latvia Establishes Cyber Defence Unit
- Snake Cyber Attacks Target Ukraine's Government
- Lose Yourself in the DFIR Music
- Elite Security Posse Fostered Founders of WhatsApp, Napster
- Tor Anonymity and Hidden Services Attracts Cyber Criminals
- Man Said to Create Bitcoin Denies It